Thursday, August 12, 2010

School is about to start!

The start of a new school year is not too distant of a memory for me. I vividly remember beginning my very first year as a freshman at OU. I was terrified and didn't know anybody. I was also excited about the possibilities that lie ahead of me and obviously excited about the freedom of being away from parents and starting a new life for myself. I remember starting school my sophomore year and being ecstatic to get out of my parents' home and back to Norman. Same goes for starting my junior year! I also remember feeling spiritually dry and hungry because i had slacked off in my relationship with God over the summer. I hadn't spent as much time in the Word and praying and worshipping. I was excited to get back involved at the Wesley, worshipping with my peers, teaching and being involved in Bible studies, etc.

What are you most excited about? What are you worried about? How is God calling you to be a more committed follower of Jesus this new school year?

No comments:

Post a Comment