Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Worship 8/24/10

Tonight's sermon has to do with, "What does God want to do with you while you're here at OU?" One of the things I proposed is that God isn't desiring for us to be more religious, he's desiring a more authentic and real relationship with each one of us. What are some ways in which you struggle to have an authentic relationship with God? What are some disciplines or habits that help you have a more authentic relationship with God?

My answer to both of those are kind of the same. Sometimes i feel like my quiet times are dry and i don't get anything out of them. When this happens it's hard for me to feel like i'm really connected to God. Somtimes my response is to just give up this discipline, but inevitably what happens when i do this is i grow even further from God and have less of a relationship. I have found in my own life that even when I'm not experiencing that "spiritual high," i still need to be going to the source for nourishment and life. When i stay consistent in these disciplines i eventually find God in new and lifegiving ways. It's at these times that i feel most connected with God. I hope you will continue worshiping, meeting with other believers, reading your  Bibles, praying, fasting, etc. even when you sometimes feel like God isn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment